Chest pains in a 17 year old female
I am a 17 year old female, and up to the past few months have been pretty heath other than suffering with depression. When i was in 9th grade i noticed my heart would skip one or two beats then beat normally again. i went to my doctor and he said it was normal for teenage girls as long as it didnt last longer than a few seconds. They had stopped up until this year. Now its more then a few beats and last longer than a few minutes and it is also accompanied by severe chest pain and sometimes numbness in my left side. The chest pains are on my left side at and around my breast and feels very sharp and icy. When i start having these "attacks" i get very weak and lightheaded. They have started happening more and more. there is a history of heart disease on my dads side of my family. What could be causing this/ what could this be?
Any help at all would be appreciated thank you!
p.s. I have made a doctors appointment but it will be a while before i can see him.
also i forgot to add in there that over the summer i did overdosed several times on tylonal alive ultercets and naproxin in a attempted to kill myself ( i am reciving treatment for my depression) Could that be what is causing this?
I was just wandering if you ever found out what was wrong?
Just a irregular heartbeat. Was suppose to go back and get a second opinion but never did. Haven't had as much trouble with it though in the past 2 years. Sorry I lost the password to this account and never saw the email till today. (2 years late lol)
I had the same thing you have I am 15 years old my heart pounds and I can hear it, feel it day and night but my heart rate is normal. My back aches. I have pain in my chest sometimes. I also have trouble sleeping. When I exercise i feel better and normal. What should I do. Is it my anxiety or something else?any tips or you don't know