Teen Health Community
Chill blains advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Chill blains advice

it took the doctor three years to diagnose my chill blians and when they did they said creams dont work and i cant have the pills to sort it out coz my blood pressure is too low. So i just have to keep my hands and feet  warm and deal with it. Im sick of going to the doctors as they do nothing so i just wanted to know if anyone suffers from this or knows someone who does and knows a good way to treat it?
I get itchy lumps, my feet swell up so much sometimes that it hurts to walk and they goo reed and itchy. :/
Tags: Advice, childill, blains, chill blains, low blood pressure, screaming, pills
Hi!
Cold peripheries or cold hands and feet can happen due to peripheral vascular disease or disorder of the circulatory system outside of the brain and heart (such as venous pooling or deep vein thrombosis). Other causes of cold extremities are hypothyroidism, eating disorders like anorexia, Vit B12 deficiency, Addison’s disease, adrenal causes like pheochromocytoma, anemia, Buerger’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and Raynaud’s disease. You will need some tests like treadmill test, color Doppler, angiography, ultrasonography and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
Since you also have itch possibility of eating disorders, hypothyroidism, diabetes, and dry skin due to any other cause should be looked into first. Since your blood pressure is low, make a conscious effort to eat and drink fluids such as water, fresh juices, soups etc. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.