Discharge
I haven't started my period yet, and I am 14 years old. Just last night i realized that I was having brown discharge? It continued this morning too, but it has no odor. I was wondering if this means that I will be starting my period soon, or if this normal? Thanks for your time and help!
yes this is completely normal all this means is that you are going to start your period
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Take the13y/o's "advice" with a grain of salt, Super Confused. A handful of other posters and myself have been tracking this girl in numerous other forums where she has posted outrageous lies and given dangerous advice to mothers in the Child Behavior forum. She has had about 8 different screen names, nearly all have been banned, and most of her posts have been deleted due to the lies she tells or the dangerous advice she gives. Please read my post about her titled "Everyone read this please!"
If you have concerns about this discharge, it could be an infection. If you've never had brown discharge before, I'd be concerned. Also, if you have never been to a gynocologist to start routine exams, 14 is a good age to start. Most girls have started their periods well before the age of 14, and once you do start, you should also start getting yearly checkups with a gynocologist.
In my opinion, I'd recommend setting up an appointment for a checkup, whether or not you might have an infection. Then if you do, a doctor (and a professional who's not going to lie to you or give you unexperienced advice like the13y/o) can prescribe you antibiotics.
Good luck!
wait i was wrong i get brown discharge before i start my period does this mean i might have an infection
It is the beginning of your period. I have read the post about  the 13y/o but this time she is giving the right advice.
Ive been having the same problem and its a really dark brown yet sometimes it may be a beige sort of colour and it sometimes has blood mixed in it. I read an article in a magazine saying that if discharge has brown in it or has a strong smell it can indicate a infection. Im 14 yrs old and very worried and really dont want to tell my mum or go to the doctors as in my Child Development classes we have been learning about these sort of things and they said when a doctor/nurse examines you they insert forceps into your vagina and it sounds really horrible and embarrassing! Really need help Id love to hear someone tell me that this is normal or that I wont have to go to the doctors about this!
Before my period, i had brown discharge, and i asked some of my friends about it. Some said they had it before their period, and some said they didn't. it just depends on your body. If you get really concerned about it, seeing a doctor would be your best bet, i'm just sharing my experience. (I am also 14 years old, and i got my period this year. i heard if you have it later, you might have brown discharge)
i have a large amount of discharge! and i dont know what to do?

some times its so much i have to change my undwear.
its white/clear and some what thick
its sticky
but no oder
or any itchyness.

i have no idea what to do. im scared to talk to my mom about it
i got my period during this summer (summer 07) and im 15,

is this normal or do i need to seea doctor?
AJH84 says it could be an infection and that the 14 yr old, Super confused, should go to her OBGYN to start her routine exam. I actually have  12 yr old who like I did, has had a light brown to yellowish, odorless discharge and hasn't started her period, yet. I asked my OBGYN the last time I went to him, which was this Dec. and he told me that it is very normal and that she should NOT start coming for exams like that until she is 18 or sexually active, because it is so traumatic. BUT, I am not a Dr., so maybe you ought to go to yours and ask him what he or she thinks.
Cookiedust and new member
I believe this is normal, because I have that a lot and so do lots of women I know. I am 44, but we are all women after the big . starts. Generally, if there is NO odor, it means it is NOT an infection. BUT, like I said before, I am not a doctor, so maybe you should ask one just to be on the safe side.
Cookiedust
Also, one more thing my OBGYN told me was there is this new vaccine that every woman should get before she becomes sexually active that prevents some kinds of ovarian cancer. So please talk with your doctor about this.
Cookiedust, who is not a doctor, but I do ask mine a lot of questions pertaining to MY 12 yr old daughter
im really scared.... im 11 years old and i have NOT had my period yet ..but im getting this brown stuff and this is the 2 nd day ive been having this brown stuff  ...im not sure what it is and im scared to tell my mom about it.....i hope it is normal....the brown stuff does not smell at all i have to keep changing my underwear .....  HELP ...WHAT DO I DO???? i dont want to go to the docter.....help....   :(
Just the other day i had sexual intercourse with my boyfriend and 2 days later i have had itchy and burning iratation down there. I also have had brownish and redish blood coming out but very light what does this mean? Pleaseeeee Hellllp Im scared this might be bad. ):
Wait I have a brown discharge the last two days of my period.Is this normal?
i have been haveing a dark brown discharge with lil bit of clump what does it mean i am 13 i dono what to do i am so worried cant think plz help!!!
i have the same thing an i got a little worried an still am i need help. i have brown discharge an havent started my period yet eather but im 15