Discoloration
Hi my grandfather has been experiencing a reddish purple discoloration in his nose and hands this has been going on for a couple of months I heard that it could be an artery clog or circulation problem any test suggestions

Hi!
Yes, at his age it can be a circulation problem or a heart disease or sever anemia causing low oxygen supply to tissues and hence this discoloration. It can also be due to extreme cold. Hypothyroidism and low vitamin B12 is another possibility. It is very important to take your grandfather to a doctor as soon as possible. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much I will be sure to bring him into the doctors