Teen Health Community
Dizziness..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Dizziness..

Right, I'm a healthy eating, physically fit 17 year old boy, and I've posted something similar to this but recently I've been getting really light headed and dizzy. I am feeling like this right now, and sometimes I feel like I'm going to collapse. I've only collapsed on one occasion, that was last February, i was on my computer and i went to get up to get something to eat and went all dizzy and collapsed on the floor. I as unconscious for about 20-30 minutes then vomited I then managed to drag myself to my bed then when i woke up i was fine. This is really starting to worry me and i fear that when I'm up during the night I'm going to cause myself an injury.I do have an odd sleeping routine, but it happens even when i'm getting up and going bed at normal times.

Thank you in advance. If you need anymore information please do ask away :)
i believ you are experiencing a drop in blood pressure upon standing...this can be caused by many things heres some info for you

Endocrine problems. An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) or overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can cause low blood pressure. In addition, other conditions, such as adrenal insufficiency (Addison's disease), low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), and in some cases, diabetes, can trigger low blood pressure.
Dehydration. When you become dehydrated, your body loses more water than it takes in. Even mild dehydration can cause weakness, dizziness and fatigue. Fever, vomiting, severe diarrhea, overuse of diuretics and strenuous exercise can all lead to dehydration. Far more serious is hypovolemic shock, a life-threatening complication of dehydration. It occurs when low blood volume causes a sudden drop in blood pressure and a corresponding reduction in the amount of oxygen reaching your tissues. If untreated, severe hypovolemic shock can cause death within a few minutes or hours.
Blood loss. Losing a lot of blood from major injury or severe internal bleeding reduces the amount of blood in your body, leading to a severe drop in blood pressure.
Severe infection (septicemia). Septicemia can happen when an infection in the body enters the bloodstream. Lung, abdomen or urinary tract infections are usually the cause of septicemia. These conditions can lead to a life-threatening drop in blood pressure called septic shock.
Allergic reaction (anaphylaxis). Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially life-threatening allergic reaction. Common triggers of anaphylaxis include foods, certain medications, insect venoms and latex. Anaphylaxis can cause breathing problems, hives, itching, a swollen throat and a drop in blood pressure.
Nutritional deficiencies. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells. In addition to making you feel tired because you're not getting enough oxygen, anemia can lead to low blood pressure.

if you have any questions please feel free to message and ask or repost
Then it must be what you said, my neighbour said that its drop in blood pressure also. She also said that i should get checked for Diabetes, would you say its worth going to the doctor to get their opinion?

Thank you for your reply,
Ben :-)
yea i would say go to the doctor as this can be a cause of a serious problem...you never know it could be a simple vitamin deffiency but this isnt something to mess around with...you never know if it could be a cardiac problem
Well i'm going to the doctors tomorrow for a different problem, i'm going to ask him/her about this.