Do I have some kind of eating disorder?
Ive been noticing that I'm eating less and less. I'm about 108 pounds which is a bit underweight for my 5'2 height. I don't care about being skinny and I don't really watch what I eat, but I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies! I never eat breakfast because as soon as food goes into my mouth in the morning I feel like throwing up and sometimes I do. Even thinking about off makes me queasy... It's like trying to force down another 2 bites when your already full. I usually have an average sized lunch about 3 times a week because I feel sick at lunch and the smell of food makes me sick... But I AM hungry, but then I usually eat something small for dinner because I STILL feel sick and can't eat. So I have about 1 and a half meals a day, which is clearly unhealthy. On weekends I only eat once because I feel sick all day like I'm about to throw up. I'm not scared of getting fat or anything like that, but I know something's wrong. Any clue of what's wrong with me?
Hi!
It is quite possible that you have severe acidity with gastric reflux which is making you feel nauseous and throw up. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. See if this helps you. If you do not see any signs of improvement then consult a doctor to rule out eating disorders. If you see signs of improvement then please consult your PCP for referral to a GI doctor. Take care!