Everyday pains
I have chest pains everyday what could cause this in a 17 year old ? It's been going on for 4 months I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression but I have had any anxiety attacks in a few weeks ??
Hi!
All stabbing chest pains should be investigated for angina and heart attack by 12 lead EKG and other tests. Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning, moving in certain directions, stretching and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. You can apply a local pain killer gel or cream and avoid pressing on the area. You can also use a heating pad.
It can also be muscle pull. Shingles can also start this way.
Pleuritis and Pulmonary embolism are other possibilities causing shortness of breath with chest pain. A CT scan of the chest can rule out both. Another possibility that can explain the pain is pericarditis. It causes chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing and also causes radiation of pain to arms. Again an EKG, heat echo and chest X-ray is required. Stabbing chest pains can also be due to a bad gastric reflux.
It is difficult to diagnose this for you. You can take antacids and see if it helps. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
what would the cream be called ?