Teen Health Community
Excessive Sweating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Excessive Sweating

I am 16 and I play on the high school soccer team. When I am exercising, even when it is cold, I sweat excessively. I only really sweat excessively on my head and neck area. By the end of my training session I literally look like I took a shower on the field. Safe to say it is embarrassing. I have been researching but nothing seems to fit me exactly. I am very self conscious about my sweating because I sweat more than any of the other girls on the team. I sweat excessively doing warm-ups before we even start practicing. By the time we start my shirt is soaking wet from having to wipe my face off so much. Any thoughts because I would love to end my perspiration all together. It is embarrassing and I am very self- conscious and it is affecting the things that I want to take part in. I have to limit myself from doing anything physically active because the sweat pours down so much and it is embarrassing. The only noticeable place that I sweat is my head. Any thoughts?
I do know that this can be caused during puberty.  I also know it can be a sign of hyperthyroid and sometimes diabetes.  If you are sweating more than others I would definately check in with your dr. and see if they can offer you any ideas.  I am sure this is uncomfortable.  No one likes to sweat that much but some people just sweat more than others.  Make sure and wear clothes and materials that breathe.  There are a lot of dri-wicking materials-my guess is because there are a lot of people in your situation.  Goodluck!