Teen Health Community
Fell down stair and my teeth went through my bottom lip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

A week ago i had fallen running up the stairs and my bottom teeth went throguh my lip , it took out a nice size chunk and i went to the er the day after and doc said to let oit be and let it chill , it has been a week since and there hasn't been too too much inprove ment but it was very deep. when i put my lips together you can see through and see my teeth where i hab bitten through. I was wondering on you guys'  opinon if my lip will heal and grow back to normal with maybe a little scar ... just want you guys's idea if it will grow back? also i have been using polysporin and i have prescribed this cream called fucidin ointment , it looks clean and its not infected ... there is this jelly goowie stuff that always seems to form and sorta come out form the cut is that a part of the healing process?
Hi!
Yes, some white stuff forms as apart of healing but since I cannot examine it, I cannot comment for sure. Pus is also white in color. If there is through and through cut then please consult a doctor for proper dressing and care. Normally you would need to maintain good oral hygiene and apply the creams you have got. However, please consult a doctor who can help you.  Usually a cut on the inner side of lip heals without scarring. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.