Teen Health Community
For the past two months....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

For the past two months....

Ok for the past two and a half months, my urine has smelled differently. Before then, I didn't drink enough water so I drink more than I used to.
It smells stronger and it happens all day, not just in the morning.
Do I have something?
Whats going on? I am really concerned I have something.....
Dehydration can be a cause of strong smelling urine and it may take a little while for the strong smell to go away if you have only just begun to drink more water. There are a number of possible causes, but it's hard to guess. It can also be a sign of a UTI, a side effect of diabetes, or something else. My guess would be that it's more from dehydration and it'll go away when you are more consistent with drinking lots of water. Though if the strong smell continues for another few weeks, I'd make a doctor's appointment to get checked.