Health problems
Hi I have two problems which are annoying me, I have convex curve in my back, I do a lot of exercise and I have tried doing yoga, do you know of any ways I can widen my shoulders and straighten my spine? My second problem is I have a permeant blocked nose, my face has swollen all over, my eyes look really small. I hope you can help thanks Aubrey ps I breath through my mouth when sleeping. I have tried breathing through my nose,but if makes me feel like I am suffocating?
Hi!
Scoliosis or curving of spine can be conservatively treated by maintaining correct posture, yoga postures for the upper spine, using a back brace during the day, wearing thoracic corset etc. Physiotherapy can be tried. If all these treatments fail then surgery is contemplated if the curvature is too large and causing multiple problems. You need to discuss this with a spine specialist (a neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon).
Chronic sinusitis (stuffy nose, selling, headache etc) is often allergic and can be due to mold infection too. A damp wall in the house, carpets, and ACs are all potential sources of mold. Please consult an allergy specialist. You may need to take the allergy test. Chronic sinusitis can also be due to EBV infection. The other possibility is deviated nasal septum. Nasal polyps and tumors, worms in stool causing high eosinophil counts, gastric reflux are the other causes.
Try deep breathing exercise and steam inhalation. Over the counter antihistamines, decongestants, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs all help. Steam inhalation, drinking hot fluids and soups, warm lemonade, gargling with warm saline water are all very helpful. However since you have had the symptoms for quite some time, it will be worthwhile to get a complete blood count, X-ray of chest and sinuses and complete checkup by your physician. Take care!