Teen Health Community
Help please
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help please

I have tiny red spots on my arms and both ribcages, they do not seem to be bumps, and don't itch or cause pain. I had unprotected anal sex about 2 months ago with a male I do not know well but said he was clean. He did not *** inside me but I'm still scared HIV is a factor. Are these bumps at all HIV related?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
Just presence of bumps does not indicate or rule out HIV. You need to get tested for it and repeat the test at 3 and 6 months if you were not in monogamous relationship with this partner.
The red spots could be tiny bruises. Deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K could be the cause. They could also be fragile spider veins. The spots could also be petechiae, which are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They can result from autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, bone marrow disorders such as leukemia, inflammation of the veins, as a side effect of certain medications such as birth control pills. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...