Teen Health Community
I feel off balanced and my mood swings have been off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

I feel confused... I feel unstable in terms of my emotions, like I have no control over them... Just the day I broke down crying for no reason, and at frequent times I get angry and get into arguments with my parents or shouting matches with my sister and I feel upset and sad about it after. I don't mean to react that way. I feel irritable and pissed off, I get sad and overwhelmed and over-emotional. Whether it's about my insecurities and other times I feel happy and unstopable. I just want someone to help me understand what i'm feeling? what it is? My parents, well my mom has noticed my mood swings but believes it's drugs. When actually I don't take any drugs, because believe me i'M NOT that kinda of person... I have been depressed in my past and at often times I feel depressed. I don't remember when it was but about three weeks, I went to bed at 6 and woke up around 9ish, I was full of energy and it was bizare...I didn't understand and sometimes I find myself crying over things that shouldn't matter.. someone please. help me?
Hi!
It is very difficult to assess your emotions on net, but you appear to be going through a lot of mood swings. This could be due to stress, anxiety, being over worked etc. If you missed your periods, it can be due to pregnancy. Other than this it can be due to mood disorders, depression or bipolar. Please ask your parent’s to take you to a counselor or consult your school counselor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
well i'm not pregnant, I know for sure. But I just feel like i'm an emotional rollercoaster, breaking down and getting sad for things that I don't even know of. But I mask myself to be happy and i don't know I get back to myself again. any reasonable explanation for that?