Teen Health Community
Infected Navel Piercing, please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Infected Navel Piercing, please help.

So I got my belly button pierced 7 months ago, and this was the first time it had been pierced but the piercer had done it wrong, so a week later i had to go back to the same place, and get it pierced again, which went all fine when this happened 7 months ago..., but lately my belly button piercing is very soar, red, it bleeds, and gets this nasty puss bubbles...i dont know what i should do to make it get better, i clean it, but it just doesnt help. The piercing used to have red itchy marks that would go around my belly button on the top hole, but those have now gone. So im asking if anyone knows what i should do to get rid of this awfulness? -thanks
It appears to me that you have a slight infection and but by cleaning is not going to make it better, your going to have to take out your piercing and let it heal but don't stop cleaning it. Your piercing might seal within the healing process but don't let that get you down as you can always re-pierce it. But wait awhile for it to heal and then put the piercing back on, hope it helps
Don't take out the piercing it will heal an seal the infection inside your body ...I have over 14 body piercings an the best thing I have found an was recommended by my piercer is bactine and satin soap ..satin soap wash it twice a day an pat dry then apply bactine on it after the wash ..no peroxide it only dries skin out ...also u should be able to go back to where u got it pierced for advice as well