Teen Health Community
Inflamed pore on areola

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Inflamed pore on areola

I have what I think is an inflamed pore on my areola, I picked at it and now it is rather large and painful what should I do?
Hi!
You can treat this by applying a warm cloth to the area twice or thrice a day alternating with antibacterial cream. This encourages the pus to come to the surface, make a mouth and drain. Once the boil has drained, the area should be washed with antibacterial soap and an antibacterial cream applied and kept dry, bandaged and sterile. You can also keep it open intermittently during the day.  However, if you have any medical problems like diabetes, please consult a doctor, and do not wait for it to heal. Also if the boil appears to spread, the area around it becomes progressively red, then also consult a doctor. This may need incision and drainage. If the lump does not go away in a day or two, please consult your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.