Teen Health Community
Is my period normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Is my period normal

Hi, I am 16 and I have always had very heavy periods with some clotting. Is this ok? Is there anything j can do to help
Hi!
Some girls do have heavy periods and usually there is no cause. However, at times heavy periods or menorrhagia has a cause. One possibility is that it is a miscarriage, if you have a history of unprotected sex. Hence take a pregnancy test and see. If you are miscarrying, it will still be positive.
Other causes of heavy bleeding which should be ruled out are fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, uterine polyps, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems and bleeding disorders.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your gynecologist. Take care!
Thank you, although the thing is i'm still a virgin sothere is no chance it can be that!