"Itchy crawly" feeling before period
Hello, I'm 15 and I've been getting an "itchy crawly" feeling before my period, and I've kinda been freaking out because I read that it tends to occur in women that are going through menopause-- but I'm too young! Is this sensation just a normal part of PMS? (btw, it only lasts about an hour on certain days before my period)
Hi!
Yes, itchy crawling feeling can be a part of pre-menstrual symptoms, but is more likely to be due to hormonal imbalance. It can also be due to dry skin, hypothyroidism, diabetes etc. It is also seen in people who are very anxious and stressed out. Take up yoga, deep breathing exercise, walking etc to relieve stress. Music and aerobics are also good stress busters. Drink plenty of fluids and water (not caffeine), eat fresh fruits and vegetables and keep yourself busy throughout the day. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.