Teen Health Community
Itchy raised skin on my face/ random spots?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

These bumps are not red or contain any pus. It's the same color of my skin. You can only notice it because of it being raised. It started on my cheek as a little bump. As i scratched it the bumps started to spread according to the direction I was scratching it. The bumps kind of reminds me of mosquito bites (but its not). Eventually these bumps started to appear on the most random spots of my upper body. If I leave it alone, it'll get less bothersome and eventually go away but out of nowhere it will reappear. I find this really strange because I sometimes would get itchy "pimple-like bumps" on my face and if I leave it alone it'll just go away. However, this is speading and I have no clue what it is. I know it's going to go away because I haven't been scratching but I just don't want it to reappear. Any clue on what this may be?

I know for a fact it's not hives or anything with a color as a symptom.
Hi!
Contrary to your belief, this looks like urticaria or hives. The swellings or wheals produced after itching can be pale (of skin color) or red. Urticaria is usually triggered by allergens, such as drugs, foods, insect bites, inhaled substances, in response to sunlight, cold, heat, stress, exercise, or a viral infection. Other common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. Since you experienced an itch, just go over these possibilities in your mind. Something may strike you. In many cases, hives clear up themselves and don’t require diagnosis or treatment. However if they persists you may need to see a specialist called an allergist to determine what is causing the reaction. Take care!