Teen Health Community
Just A Few Questions...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Just A Few Questions...

I'm a female, I'm 18 years old, and I've been diagnosed with anxiety/panic.
1,) My lower back on both sides always hurt, what could it be?
2.) I don't have a regular period, it comes & goes as it wants...
3.) I've been having this annoying pain in the upper part of my arm, right on the muscle, what could it be?
4.) My upper back between my shoulder blades has been hurting, what could it be?
Hi!
High level of stress, dramatic changes in your life style, high cholesterol, hormonal imbalance as seen in thyroid problems and PCOS, chain smoking, may be some of the common causes of your irregular periods. Cushing’s disease and disorders of adrenal gland, tumors of the ovaries and adrenals, insulin resistance and obesity are some of the other factors. Prolonged use of oral contraceptive pills is another cause. Other important local causes of irregular periods are PCOS and fibroid uterus. PCOS causes cysts to form on the ovaries, interfering with regular ovulation. Diagnosis is by blood tests like blood insulin levels, serum testosterone and androgen levels and by ultrasound. I sincerely advice you to consult a gynecologist and get it evaluated.
The pain between shoulder blades could be due to acidity or duodenal ulcer or due to dilated bile duct with involvement of pancreas or a combination of either.  Hence you need to investigate for liver and gall bladder issues, pancreatitis with tests for serum amylase and lipase, and to rule out acidity or duodenal ulcer by taking omeprazole and seeing if your pain responds to it.
It can also be muscle injury, or nerve compression (likely) as you also have low back ache. Also irregular periods with low back ache can be due to PCOD or endometriosis.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.