Teen Health Community
Kidney pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney pain

I'm 16 years old and a varsity cheerleader, I dont drink as much water as i should be drinking i mostly drink sweet tea and grape juice, I have a "sore" pain on my left hip pretty much on the bone. Is this because I dont drink  enough water?
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If you are out in the son a lot and do not drink enough water then yes, dehydration and electrolyte imbalance can cause pain. Otherwise, hip pain can be due to arthritis. Hip joint pain can also be due to old fractures, avascular necrosis of head of thigh bone (poor blood supply), muscle strain, inflammation of tendon and even due to sciatica. An X-ray of the joint, followed by MRI of the joint and lower spine, and nerve conduction studies may be required for confirmed diagnosis. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank