LOW TESTOSTERONE
Just got my testosterone back and it was 220... Really need help, I'm 19... I was prescribed AndroGel but I don't want to take it because I'm afraid it will shut down my own natural testosterone production. Is there any hope for me? I hear HCG can "reboot" your system and cause you to create testosterone naturally, as it mimics LH (which leads to testosterone production). My doctor is terrible and doesn't know what to do, should I see an endocrinologist or a urologist? Someone please help me!!!
Hi!

The cause of low testosterone has to be found out and treated. The various causes include side effects of drugs, testicular dysfunction, and raised adrenal hormone cortisol. Problems such as chronic illness (mumps in childhood which damaged testis), aging (not in your case), starvation, head injury, surgeries in testicular area, cancers, infections, and alcoholism are also among the causes of low testosterone levels. Chronic use of steroids can cause a decrease in testosterone level. Please consult both an endocrine specialist and an urologist. You can also increase the testosterone level by taking more of meat, salmon fish, yellow, red and green fruits and vegetables.
Also, your doctor may prescribe hormone replacement therapy via intramuscular injections, testosterone patches or gels.
Take care!