Teen Health Community
Labrum damage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Labrum damage

So I went to the doc today and was told that I have labrum damage does that mean its torn or what? So does this mean that I have to some other muscle to take over that job for the labrum? At first and I was being told oh I have a rotator cuff or bicep muscle problem which was not the case.
Hi!
It is difficult to say what the damage is. Usually the damage is in form of a tear. It can happen due to injury or overuse of shoulder joint. Usually you will hear a pop sound or get a ‘catch’ sensation when you do certain shoulder movements. Usually these heal with medication, steroid injections and physiotherapy. Please consult your doctor regarding this.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks I had a pop when i was in football and he has me doing physical therapy so its basically a tear and damaged you could say I have an order put in to do 6 weeks worth of pt