Teen Health Community
Large Swollen Bump on Penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Large Swollen Bump on Penis

Hello there,

I am a 17 year old teenager and recently I have found a large, swollen lump on my penile shaft. It is near the bottom and is sore to touch. It appeared two nights ago, after I was squeezing a "Fordyce Spot" on my penis that was slightly larger than others that surrounded it, I was squeezing as I didn't actually know they were harmless, I just thought it was a spot and had no idea fordyce spots could be larger.

After squeezing, it hurt and I knew it wasn't just a spot, I googled it and found I was indeed squeezing a normal "Fordyce Spot". However, I now have a large lump on my penis that is very sore to touch, and it is where the spot was. I can see there is some puss, or some form of residue within the lump.

I was just wondering what to do, as I have absolutely no idea. I am not sexually active, and I am very hygienic so that would pretty much rule out and STI's.

Thanks for any advice
Hi!
You have probably infected the Fordoyce spot by squeezing it. Other than that it could be a bacterial infection of the skin.  Ideally, you must consult a doctor and get this examined. You can buy over the counter antibacterial skin cream and apply there. Alternatively there are antibacterial dusting powders which you can use. Take care!