Teen Health Community
Long Distance Relationships WHAT do you think??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Ok what is your opinion about Long Distance Relationship? I was in one for a long time, we met online this was the first person i've ever talked to that i don't know, i usually don't do this  due to safety reasons, you never know who is on the other side, it could be anyone and he can also be lying about anything. I'm 17 and he was 19. We were 3000 miles apart but we kicked it of and we wanted to get to know each other. It was interesting i did not trust him at the start at all but then as we went on i started trusting him we talked on the webcam and he turned out to be a really nice guy. We had a lot in common and he made me smile all the time, very funny guy and cute. It kind of was love of first sight i guess, we talked absolutely everyday and we never ran out of things to talk about. This went on for a year, with the hope that someday we will see each other. i loved everything about him, the best part was his personality and how much he made me smile no matter what, he knew when i had bad days and he would always make me forget. It started to become hard in the middle of it tho we did have a few arguments that we both live in completely  different countries and that for the moment there was no chance for either of us to visit the other. We kind started to lose hope and at the end i ended up being hurt. He was so far away and i think the thought of me never being able to see him hurt me a lot. i guess thats the disadvantage of being in a long distance relationship. You never know what the other could be doing. I started to convince myself that maybe this wasn't love i mean i'm only 17, so i can just forget about him and move on. It never happened he never left my head to this day, he loved talking to me and i loved it just as much and i never thought that it would continue for so long that i would become so attached to a person i haven't even met. We decided we should stop talking to each other that it would hurt both of us, and we have, we stopped, it's been a month now and i miss him everyday. He was very considerate he cared and he was a gentleman he asked me if the age difference is a problem since he is 19 and is an adult and i'm basically still a child, he was thoughtful, and he never tried to sex talk with me which i found amazing since most people online are looking only for that at the moment. He told that he had been in a lot of relationships but that i'm the best girl he had ever met and he meant it. We both wished that we lived right by each other, but no. He shared his thoughts with me and me mine. I fell for him hard. I guess everything happens for a reason i don't think i would ever forget him, i haven't met such a nice guy as him so far. im SO SORRY THIS IS SOO LONG! but i wanted to tell you my story.  What do you think about long distance relationships? Tell me your opinion. Have you been in one? Did it work out? How did it happen? I would love to hear some of your stories. ;)))