Teen Health Community
Lump in Armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Lump in Armpit

My 16 year old daughter has developed a painful lump in the armpit since only the past two days. The lump is below the surface and is the size of a pea.

What could this be and what sort of physician do i need to see?
Morning :)

I think this actually sounds like a little node which can be very common,having one myself that doesn't give me any problems,it is normally a little fat tissue moulded together however if it is soar at all or you or your daughter are worried just go to a GP and get it checked out they will know. I am no doctor myself like your daughter I'm just another teenager.