Teen Health Community
Microgestin 1/20

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Microgestin 1/20

Hello, I have been taking Microgestin 1/20 for one cycle. I kept taking the pill 5 days into the next cycle whenever I did research online and it says you have to stop for 7 days so your period can come. What should I do?
Hi!
Well, this pack has 28 pills, 21 active pills and 7 inactive or reminder pills. Usually when you take these 7 inactive pills, you get your periods. If you just started the pills, you would need to use a back up control for 15 days or two weeks in form of condoms or spermicide jelly. This is because the pill takes that time to act. So, if you completed one pack (including the 7 inactive pills), and did not get periods, you could be pregnant. Please take a pregnancy test and see and consult your gynecologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.