Muscle tremors/spasms
My son is 16 and has been experiencing muscle tremors/spasms.  It is an all-over body experience.  It does not occur regularly and we cannot find a trigger.  The best way to describe how it looks is, as if he's chilled all over and is shivering.  He tenses up (when laying down) as if his stomach hurts (cramps).  His facial expression is as if his head hurts or stomach hurts.  He is aware and doesn't lose consciousness (as far as we know). These tremors mainly happen when he is falling asleep or waking up however they have happened while up and moving around.  The way I've described it, is probably the worst it's been.  Most have been just a sensation that his muscles are twitching.  It's not centralized to one area of the body either.  Our doctor doesn't seem to concerned as far as seizures, but we are going to go to another neurologist this week.  He's had a seizure disorder in the past (benign rolandic epilepsy) which was an adolescent disorder and has since grown out of that (5-6 yrs. ago).  He has had CT scans and MRI's.  Other than the childhood disorder, he's fine.  These experiences worry him.  We just wish he knew that cause and what we can do to help him.  I've read about magnesium deficiencies.  We've started to have him take supplements.  I've also read about stress related problems.  Not sure.  Has anyone else heard of this or experienced it.  Am I in the right forum to ask this question?
Some slight muscle twitches can be caused by a nutritional deficiency of a certain vitamin or nutrient(usually calcium or magnesium), which may be something to look into for your son. Muscle fatigue from overexercise, caffeine, and side effects from medications can also cause twitching, along with stress and dehydration. All of those are very common causes for muscle twitches/spasms. You are always welcome to post questions here, as your son is a teen, but you can also post this in the epilepsy community(http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Epilepsy/show/235) as well if you would like which may also give some good answers. Hope you can find out what exactly is causing this soon.  
My son is seven years old and has had the same symptoms you where describing. Our neurologist told us it was Myoclonic seizures or jerks. But we haven’t found a way to help him with this problem. You mentioned you were going to see a different neurologist, have you had any luck?