Teen Health Community
My son

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

My son

My 3 year old son is running a fever of 102.7 we took him to ER last night and they said it was an ear infection but we can't get rid of his fever. He won't go outside and play like he used to he just wants to lay in bed all day his body is scalding hot idk what to do he keeps saying mama I need you don't leave me and everything ???
Hi!
I can understand your apprehensions. If your son’s temperature is not coming down then you give him a warm water bath or do whole body sponging with water at room temperature. Also please check if the fever medication dose is sufficient for his age and weight. Your local pharmacist or the label on the medication bottle may help your figure that out. Also, probably your son will need a course of antibiotics. Take care!
we gave him antibiotics hes alot better now well today i was in my bedroom and he was watching cat in the hat and he just like threw up everywhere it scared me cause i didnt know what to do and ii think maybe 20 mins before that he was acting strange he said mama get them off of me i said whats on you he said spiders but we didnt give him and med. today or anthing and there was nothing on him to make him say that idk what was wrong with him..