Teen Health Community
Peeling Scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Peeling Scrotum

help! i am 13 years old and my scrotum (ridiculously huge) has gone red and leathery and recently, skin has started to peel off i am woried i have some stupid infection on my balls. this could ruin my sex life.
have you had sex without a condom?
get it checked out by the doctors. you dont want to put it off. its an important part of the body. and although it will be embarrasing for you the doctors have seen everything. and they wont judge.
according to sex life bit. you are only thirteen. therefore shouldnt actualy have a sex life. and if the girls are under 16 you will still be the one getting done for it. youl probably thik im talking bull but im only 16 myself and when you get to an age where you actually start havig sex legally you realise that loads and loads of people lie about what they have done. and you realy dont care who has or who hasnt. however if you have already chosed to have sex then your sex life may have to stop for a while if advised by doctors but if the girl your with respects you anough and loves you she will not mind having to wait. and to be fair if she doesnt she isnt worth the fuss.
hope you find out what it is and hope its all alright.
Your first comment - It's normal at your age to what seems to be a "ridiculously huge" scrotum. The scrotum and testicles start growing before your penis and even the rest of your body so it can seem like it's too big for you.

Second, it sounds like you're talking about "tinea cruris" which is usually called jock itch. The symptoms are redness, itching and burning (especially when you sweat), peeling skin, and oozing a clear fluid. (Sounds like fun, doesn't it?)

It's caused by a fungus that loves dark, warm, wet places. It's very similar to athlete's foot. So, what do you do about it? First, keep your scrotum as dry as possible. Make sure you dry it well after your shower, especially the spot between your scrotum and your legs. Boxer shorts are better than briefs because they allow air to pass through and keep the area dry. There are also powders that you can buy in the drug store that are made for this.

It can take some time to get rid of it but it will go away if you do all this. If not, it can spread onto your thighs and I've even seen it spread to the butt. Good luck.
did you use soap,body wash,dish washing liquid or,face cleansers to masturbate if so that may be the prob