Teen Health Community
Please Help Me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Please Help Me!

Okay, here are my symptoms:

Last Sunday- My neck started hurting (felt like a spazing feeling). The pain was not too bad but it was annoying.

Tuesday- I started to feel a bit of pressure in my left ear, it felt like my ear was going to pop. I went into the doctor's office to get pain pill for my neck. Again, the pain was only mild and I had no other symptoms. The doctor prescribed me pain pills and an antibiotic (just incase I had an ear infection).

Wednesday- My left tonsil and left lymph node started to swell. Also, hearing in my left ear is very muffled.

Today is Saturday and I have been taking both the antibiotic and pain meds and I have not felt better. Throughout this entire course I have not had a fever, sore throat or anything else! The pressure felling and swelling is still going on.
Does anyone recognize these symptoms? I'm starting to get freaked out and no one is listing to me.  
Hi!
You seem to be having upper respiratory tract infection. The secretions could be clogging your ear canal. Apart from pain medications and antibiotics, try all grandma recipes for cough and cold: hot chicken broth and soup, warm lemonade, ginger and honey concoction, warm saline gargles (gargling with warm water in which a pinch of salt is mixed) and applying vicks vaporub over your chest, throat and forehead/nose. If the symptoms persist, please consult your doctor again. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.