Teen Health Community
Quick smoking Question.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Quick smoking Question.

Hi there, just thought I'd clear up that I, do NOT smoke, do not enjoy second hand smoking, or any drugs or anything that alters my body in anyway. I live a life without having to take drugs of any kind, and I'm athletic and healthy. At my job though, I stock beer at a convenient store, and next door... is a Tobacco Haven, I go in there for at least one hour out of the whole night that I'm there. The air in there is very smoky, and I was wondering if it is more healthy overall, and towards your lungs to breathe through your mouth, or through your nose? I currently breathe through my nose most the time. I've developed that habbit as it seems to be more healthy... to me, but I don't know.
Thanks for your time.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
I don't understand. Why do you go next door? Is it part of the convenience store or is it a bar or what? If it was a store, I wouldn't think it would be smoky. But in anycase, anytime you're breathing in second hand smoke it's not good for you. Yes, breathing through your nose is better than your mouth because your nose filters things better. Still, it's just best to avoid being around smoke as much as possible.
Blank
287297_tn?1207309306
hey
I dont believe it really matters what airway you choose to breathe through, the fact is the air is going to go to the same place either way - your lungs.
I don't get why you are going next door, is it a requirement of your job? A part of your local shop? Or are you talking to a freind?
If you are worried about the smoke just don't go into that shop.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...