Teen Health Community
Rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Rash

For the last 9 months ive had this itchy rash on my inner thigh/ labia. At first I though it was just dry skin but it hasn'tgone away and its wrinkeled my skin. it gets extremely itchy and stings at times. Ive never had sex , please help me.
Hi!
The itch could be due to sweat dermatitis. It could also be a fungal infection like tinea cruris. Keep the area dry, wear loose fitting clothes, and change undergarments at least twice a day. Many treatment options are there like Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1%, ketoconazole, terfibnafine and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%. Many OTC products containing these salts are available, your pharmacist can help. Try a combination of two and apply until the round marks you see disappear. Continue application for 2 weeks after the marks disappear. The cause for persistence is that the treatment is often left in between. After the itch and dryness goes, you have to continue applying for at least another 2 weeks for the infection to be completely cured from the lower most layer of the skin. Wash your hands well and dry them properly both before and after the application. Meanwhile test for blood sugar level to see if it is high for diabetes too can prevent resolution of fungal infection. Take any anti-allergic tablet or antihistamine to overcome itching. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!