Teen Health Community
Severe mono?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Severe mono?

've bad mono for about 5 weeks now.. My throat was swollen and red and I had the white spots on my tonsils.. Also my spleen was very enlarged.. Also one night I had pain in my right side but my doctor told me it wasn't my liver and my liver is fine. I got another ultrasound for my spleen and my doctor said that its still swollen but also all my symptoms have come back. I have a sore throat and it's difficult to swallow. I'm getting really scared this is a really severe case of mono.. Will I have to get hospitalized? I'm very worried.. Oh and I have been way more exhausted now than how I started with the mono
Hi!
Well, you could be having a bad case of mono with relapse. The treatment is just symptomatic and most patients get relief with time. However, it’s best you consult a doctor immediately. Apart from these try all grandma recipes for cough and cold: hot chicken broth and soup, warm lemonade, ginger and honey concoction, warm saline gargles (gargling with warm water in which a pinch of salt is mixed) and applying vicks vaporub over your chest, throat and forehead/nose. Also, take adequate bed rest. Please consult your doctor regularly. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.