Teen Health Community
Skin Infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Skin Infection

I am a male in my twenties. My groin area skin becomes red and hurts. After a few days it heals and becomes normal. but the cycle repeats. My underwear is usually wet under and gives out a very bad odor. I need to know what this is. I'm willing to pitch a photograph.
Hi!
If your underwear is wet then either you are sweating a lot or you are having a penile discharge. The redness can be due to either the discharge or sweat dermatitis. Wear cotton underwear that will absorb the sweat. Use medicated body power in the area. Keep the area dry. Change underwear during the day if need be. If still the symptoms persist then you may need to get a penile swab test done to rule out STD.
Please consult a skin specialist or your family doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.