Teen Health Community
Smoking Marijuana Everyday?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Smoking Marijuana Everyday?

Hello, I am 16 years of age and I smoke marijuana every single schoolnight, and on weekends. I started smoking about 3 years ago, and have been smoking almost every day for a year and a half. What could be possible negative effects, is what I am wondering. It does not effect my work ethic, Ive gotten one C on a report card in two years. I love skateboarding, and stay active doing this every day that is possible. And I absolutely love to smoke weed, by myself, every night. Is it really possible that I could receive heavy brain damage if I continued this? I'm just generally a more relaxed person, and I feel perfectly healthy every day as well. I would like some info about if this is really harming me or not.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi and welcome.
SHORT-TERM EFFECTS:

Loss of coordination and distortions in the sense of time, vision and hearing, sleepiness, reddening of the eyes, increased appetite and relaxed muscles. Heart rate can speed up. In fact, in the first hour of smoking marijuana, a user’s risk of a heart attack could increase fivefold. School performance is reduced through impaired memory and lessened ability to solve problems also stroke in young people have been reported in studies-

LONG-TERM EFFECTS:
Long-term use can cause psychotic symptoms. It can also damage the lungs and the heart, worsen the symptoms of bronchitis and cause coughing and wheezing. It may reduce the body’s ability to fight lung infections and illness.
Blank
790421_tn?1341233731
i've been smoking up for 30 years daily,never had no problems,,still working out daily,and it increases my motivation,still able to do my job correctly..you'll be fine..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...