Teen Health Community
Sooo I have really itchy bumps,help??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Sooo I have really itchy bumps,help??

I am not allergic to anything I know of and haven't done anything new recently. My doctor gave me scabies medication and it is not helping. I still itch very badly, like really bad. It's on my thighs, ankles, tops of my feets, elbow, lower arms, slightly on my upper arms and inner elbows, my butt, hips, everywhere. It even itches on parts of my body that has little to no bumps. The bumps are slight, pretty much the same color as my skin only slightly lighter. The top of my foot though has a line and it's kinda white. It's like a line of small white ish peas in my foot and it itches really bad. The back of my same foot, on my ankle, has a similar line but it's also swollen a bit too and it's white ish. That part doesn't itch, which I don't understand.. If I take a burning hot shower the itch is temporarily calmed, so I end up always taking hot showers to calm it. I try looking online for similar looking bumps and can't find anything. This itch is killing me and cream doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas what is happening to me?? Sorry for such a long post, I figured the more information the better ^^ This is my first post~
Hi!
This looks like urticaria or hives. The swellings or wheals produced after itching can be pale (of skin color) or red. Urticaria is usually triggered by allergens, such as drugs, foods, insect bites, inhaled substances, in response to sunlight, cold, heat, stress, exercise, or a viral infection. Other common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, or cosmetics. Since you experienced an itch, just go over these possibilities in your mind. Something may strike you. In many cases, hives clear up themselves and don’t require diagnosis or treatment. However if they persists you may need to see a specialist called an allergist to determine what is causing the reaction. Fungal infections also come up whenever there is moisture or temperature difference and Tinea versicolor can cause whole body itch. Over the counter antihistamines help. Calamine lotions and other over the counter preparations with camphor/menthol do help to reduce the itch. Try a soft cotton ball dipped in cool water applied over the itchy areas instead. Calamine lotions and other over the counter preparations with camphor/menthol can be applied after the cool water application.
Itchy localized rash can be due to allergic dermatitis, eczema, scabies, contact dermatitis, shingles, psoriasis, fungal infection like or Tinea. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral to a skin specialist. Take care!