Teen Health Community
Spermatic Cord

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Spermatic Cord

I was checking myself down there this month and the spermatic cords on both of my testicles feel large, like two worms. How big should they normally feel? I am 16 and is this sign of two varicoceles?
Hi!
It could just be a normal finding. However, yes, bag or worms kind of feeling is due to varicoceles. Since long standing varicoceles can affect your fertility, it is best to get this investigated. You will need to get an ultrasound of the scrotal sac to rule this out. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.