Teen Health Community
Spotting....... Stopped!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Spotting....... Stopped!

I have been spotting for 3 days, and it just stopped! im 12 and havent gotten my period yet! my mom was 16. is this a sign? will i start soon? will te spotting come back? should i waer a panty liner? i havent gotten any pains though. will masterbating (masturbating) make it come faster? will anything?
This could be the beginning of your period, but only time will tell. Typically you will begin your period at a similar time to when your mom did, but not always. If the spotting has stopped, then you really don't need to wear a panty liner, but it would be a good idea to always carry around a pad or tampon in case you start your period away from home, just to be prepared. Nothing you do will make your period come on sooner than it is supposed to. You'll just have to wait for it to happen on it's own. It's normal to begin your period at any age between 10 and 15, so you have another few years for it to begin if it doesn't in the coming months. If you are worried or have any questions, talk to your mom about it. Take care.