Teen Health Community
Stomach Ache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Stomach Ache

Hi, I'm a 15 year old male. Friday, I went out to eat with my family, when we left the resteraunt, I felt fine, but after about 45 minutes, I got a horrible stomach ache. I layed down and I felt like I was going to throw up, and I could only sleep in 45 minute spurts. All of the sudden, my stomach started to feel better, so I fell asleep for a suffiecient amount of time. When I woke up, I felt just fine, until about 20 minutes later, my stomach started to hurt again. I layed down the whole day. Something wierd happens though. I get hungry a lot, but if I eat something, my stomach starts to hurt worse, and I feel like I am going to throw up again. My dad said that he thinks that I had a stomach ache Friday because I ate too much, and now my stomach aches because I haven't eaten enough. He also said that the reason my stomach hurts worse after I eat is because it is in "shock" of getting food when I haven't eaten in very long. I did go about 21 hours without eating anything before I ate a banana. I've only eaten bananas, toast, and nutrition bars. But, still it continues. This is the 4th day, if you include Friday, but if not, it's the 3rd. I missed school today because I didn't feel well and I haven't eaten a meal since Friday night. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong and if my dad is right or not? Thanks

-Jordi
Your dad is right in that if you don't eat for too long it will make your stomach hurt alot, and the other way round too. I have problems eating alot of the time and thats one of the main reasons that i get tummy pains a lot of the time. You need to get a regular eating pattern. I know how hard it can be when you end up in pain afterwards and feel sick, trust me i know, but its the only way to sort it.
It may be IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which i also have, it means its harder for me to eat full on meals, but the docs have told me to try eating 5 times a day but smaller meals.
Hope this helps
Here anytime you wanna chat
If this continues see your doctor. Just because you havent eaten a while doesn't mean you should have signifigant pain. Abdominal pain is difficult to diagnose even by an experienced MD let alone a bunch of people on the internet. If you start to fell dizzy upon standing or see blood or what looks like coffee grounds in your poop or your vomit go to the ER. This is probably nothing serious but if it continues a doc will be able to help you. Good luck.