Teen Health Community
Swallen testicles(16)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Swallen testicles(16)

Hey,
about 2 months ago I had a pretty hard injury in my left testicle which caused trauma and made it very swollen. since then I have done an ultrasound and my doctor said that there is no permanent damage and that everything is ok ,but it will take time to recover.The injury got really better  a week later
The pain has stopped and the situation is better, but I can still feel that my left testicle hasn't fully recovered and is quite swollen comparing to the right one. Generally it doesn't hurt, but only when I touch it it does.
Today it is 2 months and a couple of days after the injury. Should I be worried and see a doctor, or is it normal for such an injury to take so much time to recover?

thanks.
Hi!
Some difference will remain between both the testicles. However, if there is still some pain and there is appreciable difference in the size, then please show this to the doctor again. An ultrasound should probably be done again. Also, please get a semen analysis to look for infection and sperm count. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.