Teen Health Community
Testosterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Testosterone

My boyfriend is 15 and he is taking muscle pills to get big fast. one of the pills is Testosterone pills. He told him mom that he would no longer take these, but yet he is. now i have to prove to him that this can be bad for him since hes just 15 please help me
any pills to get big fast are bad period or else everyone would take them

Testosterone injections are great for anyone who wants to do it the rest of their lives and is above the age of 25 or so. Here's the scoop. MOST IMPORTANT it will cause early epiphyseal bone closure. This means he will wonder how tall he could have been the rest of this life. It doesn't take much testosterone to cause this, you cannot get around this. I don't know for sure, however, taking HCG makes your penis a little bigger if you are a teen and taking exogenous testosterone suppresses HCG. It might, at that stage in life, suppress penis growth (anyone know for sure)? No one in the world seems to know what testosterone does psychologically but believes people should wait until adulthood. Testosterone pills are the only versions of testosterone that are known to cause blood filled cysts on the liver and even cancer. If he needs to do this he will need to man up for shots for the rest of his life. If you start taking it your testicles stop producing it, if you do it for long enough you will need the shots every week or so for the rest of your life. That is the true scoop.