Tingly legs when stood up for a while?
I'm 16 years old, and for a few years I've noticed that whenever I stand motionless for about 5 minutes, my legs start tingling, kind of like a mild pins and needles, and if I look at them, they are red and blotchy.

At first I thought it was poor circulation, but my feet aren't cold or blue, and neither are my hands. Also, I don't get dizzy when I stand up quickly. I've been to the doctor's about it, but they seemed to dismiss it almost immediately, after checking my BP etc. and they were all fine.

My BMI is 20.6, I think, so I'm not particularly overweight, and I don't have diabetes. I also don't smoke or drink heavily.

Walking around and moving my legs gets rid of it, but it returns if I stand still for a few minutes, for example giving a presentation in class.

Has anyone else had this, or a similar problem? If so, what is it, and how can you get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.
Everything you describe for symptoms sounds like poor circulation. The red/blotchiness is poor circulation, the pins and needles feeling is poor circulation....

Have you been tested for diabetes?

I would go for a second opinion. Go to another doctor to have yourself checked.

I get the red/blotchy look when it's winter and I'm cold. The reason being because of not getting the circulation I need, since the blood vessels are restricted.

Good luck