Teen Health Community
Urinating frequently at night.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urinating frequently at night.

A week ago I recently have been waking up 3 times in the middle of the night to urinate.  I used to sleep through the whole night but it's starting to get annoying.  I also get hunger pains around 5 or 6 in the morning and I have to go get something to drink to subside it until I wake up later.

I've tried not drinking anything close to when i go to bed and it doesn't work either way.  Is this normal? will it go away?

My diet is well balanced, I've layed off of fast food for a while (even though I'm in college and meals take too much time to plan and buy).  Majority of what I drink everyday is water but I know people that drink more than me and they don't have this problem.

Would taking fiber supplements before bed help my hunger pains? I'd like to get a good nights sleep again.
Tags: urinating, frequently, night, at night, Pain, sleep, help, problem, food
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
   How is your blood sugar levels?
Solace
Blank
I dont know, I havent gotten it checked in a long time.
Blank
Hi,
   Then I think you should get it checked once. Any how talk to your doctor about your symptoms and get his advice. Do not neglect it.
Solace
Blank
I had this same problem for a bout a week. What color is your pee? If it's clear or close to clear with a lil yellow then there's mostlikely nothing wrong, if it's neon then you got a issue. Keep drinking water.

What I did was I drank tons of water one day, the next two days I didn't drink anything or very little and so I became dehydrated and stoped peeing so much. I than drank one water bottle and went to bed. Sleept the whole night and then I'm fine now. Still a lil dehydrated but I'm peeing and drinking normally now.

Hope this helps
~libby
Blank
It's mostly clear, majority of what I drink everyday is water.  When I wake up everytime it's not like a huge urge to pee it's just normal but frequent.

Thanks! I'll have to try that
Blank
What you are going through is not normal and you need to see a doctor and get evaluated. It could be you have an infection starting up, from that, all the way up to have diabetes. Have an A1C test done which is a test that shows your glucose level averages for the last three months. If your urine is clear (so it is looking exactly like water) then your kidneys aren't concentrating the urine which is not normal. There are a number of reasons this could be happening to you, again, see a doctor
Blank
doctors are the last thing I want to deal with but ill end up going when I can. The urine isn't clear all of the time it only happens every now and then, its usually a faded yellow.
Blank
well gabby, no one likes sitting in a doctor's office, but what is happening to you isn't normal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...