Teen Health Community
Virgin or not

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Virgin or not

At what age did you first have sex(if you have) and did you tell your mom or parents?
16 and nope :)
Technically I lost my virginity at age 9. (I was sexually assaulted and raped by a stepbrother) so yes my parents knew. However when I became sexually active on my own freewill I was roughly 15/16 (don't exactly remember) and I didn't tell my parents. They eventually found out, and are still pissed to this day. Heck my boyfriend of two years!!! And I have sex, I also took it upon myself to go to a health clinic to get on the birth control pill so I could lessen the chance of teen pregnancy etc.
Thanks for the answers! So far 16 is the most common age...
13 and yes i did and i would take it back for the world~! me and my boyfriend are still together been almost 4 years but when we talk wee both say we wish we would have waited it put so much stress and strain on our relationship to were all we did was fight :( please girls out there wait till ur like 15 16
Well high school seems to be the "accepted" age to lose it.

Anyone waiting until marriage or until they are passed high school?
I know sex is not the most comfortable topic to talk about, but I would love to hear others' input! :) No one is here to judge, I am just looking to see people's opinions on the matter and why you think that way.

As for myself, I had always thought of sex as important/a really big deal. I waited until I was 20 to have sex. I had a number of relationships in high school, but never allowed myself to get to that point and always put the brakes on if I felt it was headed that way. I wanted to only have sex with one man and didn't want to give my body to any one. When I knew the guy I was with was right for me and we had discussed everything, then we made the decision to move forward. I never did tell my mother, but we also don't have a close/good relationship.  
I actually lost mine a month ago. I had just turned 16. I'm a boy, by the way
I'm 17 and I haven't yet but I think I'm going to soon. My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 months. Is that too soon in a relationship? ? Anyway there is no way I'm telling my parents when I do
I don't know that there is a too soon or too late in a relationship. If you feel absolutely certain that this is what you want, then you can go for it. I do suggest though that you talk to him about STDs(if he has been sexually active before, ask him to get tested) and also talk about pregnancy. What will you use for protection to prevent pregnancy? What will you do if you get pregnant? This is something you want to know before it ever happens, as no birth control is 100% effective, so those are things to think/talk about. If you don't feel ready, there is no rush to have sex. Only do it when you feel comfortable and ready.  
For me, I really truly wish I had waited. That being after I was raped. I didn't respect my body. I got lucky, I didn't get pregnant young nor Amy STDs. Between the ages of 14-16 I had 4 different sexual partners.
I wasn't helped emotionally during the tough times between 9-12 years old. My parents used the technique of if we ignore the "elephant" then it'll go away. Instead of talking with me and letting me know they were there for me and none of it was my fault etc. So I started to get this feeling that a womans body was only good for men to have sex with. At 19 (almost 20) I'm starting to realize that it wasn't my fault and that I am worth loving, and respecting.
Dawn1213 : there is no too early or too late as sweetpea03 has said. You need to realize it can be very emotional. Don't get pushed into doing something you aren't ready for. It is your body. A relationship doesn't need sex to be successful. That being said, always, and I mean ALWAYS use protection. Always use condoms. Not only does it help prevent pregnancy but also STDs. As you said you are 17 and 4 months into the relationship. You guys probably wouldn't survive a pregnancy/baby. If you are on birth control (pill, nuvaring, depo, whatever) still use a condom. It's a second level of protection just in case.
Well, I waited till I was an adult.. I lost it at 18 and currently with the same guy now that I lost it to..