Yeast infection?
I'm in my early teenage years and I think I have a yeast infection; my vagina gets really itchy and it has been this way for 3 or so days. I'm not comfortable telling my mom (and I have no friends or family I can turn to) so are there any home remedies or ways I can get rid of it without telling anyone?
Hi!
Yeast infection or thrush is at times very difficult to treat. You may need to take oral antifungal pills twice a week for 3-4 weeks along with local application of antifungal cream. There are many types of antifungals available. Take an OTC antifungal with a combination of two or more anti fungals. Use both oral and local application. Test for diabetes and other STDs as presence of either or both can make it difficult to treat the fungal infection. Provided it is indeed fungus, then only try this. Antifungal tablets are strong medicines and should not be taken otherwise. So start with cream and if it helps, start the tablet. Please try and consult a gynecologist. Take care!