Teen Health Community
attachment don't want to give up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

attachment don't want to give up

i have a pacifier attachment and also a few other item attachments in that same category i want my girlfriend to accept me and my friends to accept me with that attachment  when i used to use a pacifier it was put me to sleep now when i have them i them to act like a baby to sleep or to just relax sometimes i do fall alsleep relaxing with a binky in my mouth but i'm a little nervous to tell my girlfriend and my friends
Hi!
This is a tough situation to be in. Ideally it would be best to give up such attachments. You could consult a therapist to help you in this. Prolonged use of these pacifiers can alter your dental alignment, cause mouth ulcers and infections and in general would not be acceptable by most adults. However, it is equally true that your loved ones will accept you as you are. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank you but i'm going through a time in my life where i'm trying to stay focused on important things in life trying to get my ged trying to move up in my life and also trying to become involved in law enforcement some how but my life is clouded by my attachment problem and plus finding a girlfriend and keeping her long enough to try and tell her about my secret i am scared and nervous because i don't want to loose her but i don't want to give up my attachment because it brings a soft side out in me and soft feelings and it comforts sooths and it helps me sleeo when i'm tired