Teen Health Community
dry mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry mouth

hi im 20 years old and i experience dry mouth my question is wat can u do to prevent dry mouth or if u have dry mouth wat can u do to clear it up sometimes my mouth gets really dry that sometimes it feels like its hard to swallow cause its so dry if anybody can help me that would be nice thanks
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
To treat the dry mouth you have to find the cause behind it. Dry mouth could be the side effect of any medication that you could be taking. It could be due to Sjogren’s Syndrome but this will also cause dry eyes. GERD or reflux disease too can cause similar symptoms. A generalized dehydration too can cause these problems. Iron and vitamin deficiency, fungal infection, hypertension, diabetes, strokes and transient ischemic attacks, anemia, smoking all cause dry mouth. Poor oral hygiene is another cause. Nerve damage due to some trauma or surgery can be another cause.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Meanwhile eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids (soups, juices, water, etc), take anatcid gels and multivitamin pills and see if it makes a difference. Take care!
Blank
ok thanks for your help
Blank
4250330_tn?1388624779
You might be dehydrated try water everyday 1 gallon of water a day helps
Blank
ok thanks i will do that
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker