hot flashes in teenager
My 13 yo daughter is experiencing hot flashes, feeling faint
to the point of almost blacking out. It is happening once
a day now for almost a week and seems to be getting worse.
Any ideas what is causing this?
It could be hormones at her age. Have her seen by her pediatrician and let him evaluate her. There could be a number of things going on.
I am 23, here's my story. Its very embarassing to talk to anyone about this. i feel for you ladies. I cant even seem to get myself to go out on dates because im nervous just thinking im gona have a hot flash. when that happens i run off to the bathroom in a hurry and put my hands under cold running water. It started when i was about 20. I would only notice it when i got reallllllllyyy angry ( was in a dispute.) but now it has escaladed to an everyday thing. In class when we have to speak up i get red. There is a pattern ive noticed.. Here it is please guys i need feed back.. if we work at this together i know we can find answers.. as i already have.
1) Alcohol triggers it 100%!! especiallllllyyy wine. I stopped drinking about two years ago. It ***** being so young and not being able to enjoy myself.
2) Cofffee.
3) Spicy foods
4) when i take hot baths or showers i get reaaaalllyy red like a lobster especially my chest.
You can often see me fanning myself.. just today i was in class and everyone was complainin g how they were cold and were dressed in sweaters.. me.. well i was " is it hot in here?" ppl looked at me like  i was insane.

So yeah for food and drinks those were the top things^^^^^

As for emotional this is when i notice it:
1) feeling of being put on the spot, ( its wierd because i am very confident. i have a very loud upbeat, talking personality. so this " hot flashing/embarassment feeling does not fo hand in hand.. it confuses me.
2) Anger, Jealousy, you guys are going to laugh but when i talk on the phone with my ex ( recent) i always broke out in this redness on my chest and even neck. I noticed it when id go to a mirror.
3) Even when people compliment me ( ex: hey there you got some nice style girl" I turn beet red!.. but why.. i do not undestand.
I am not cocky guys buy i am confident. It hassssss to be something bigger. what is it ?

OKAY SO i rambled here a bit now for treatments.. heres what helps.. hellllpsss but not prevents notice the difference! its diminished the amount of time i get them.. used to be every hour or so. nowto maybe 2 times a day.. still alot! Betablockers.. Metraprolol. Im on them. i take 1 a day around noon. It decreases your heart beat and makes you more calm.
2) another good one is i set the A/C on nice and cool.. around 70.
3) Fan
4) drink alot of cool water
5) run the inside of my wrists under cold water.

Anyways about me as a person:
I am very healthy, i eat an amazingly clean diet. I mainly eat fruits and veggies. For meat i only eat chicken and seafood. and im dairy and gluten free ( by choice not because im a Celiac or Lactose intolarant.
I also suffer a little bit of Melia ( its these tiny little pimple like bumps.) but not acne. i get them lasered off by my derm every couple of months. tell me if any of you have these on your face. because maybe there is a link here! i can ramble on for ever..hahaha