Teen Health Community
laser for my shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

laser for my shoulder

So this year close to the end of football season I did a block on someone who is bigger and stronger then me and I herd a pop ever since that happened my right shoulder hurts and the other one does not. This past Monday I went to go see my trainer and I could not get my arm shoulder to relax so the next day she started me on doing the rehab stretchy rubber exercise band did that for like two days. After the two days she got me to get a 2 and half pound weight and do exercise for my shoulder and after I do my exercise I would get laser treatment for 3 days. She said the body has 4 stages of healing. How long does it take for the body to heal? How long will I be out because I am in track and I could not do the weight lifting thats why I saw the trainer. What could I have and should I let her do her job as a athletic trainer? Yes the laser does hurt and will twitch when I get the laser treatment. The pain is about a 8 or 7. It is also located where the shoulder meets your arm and shoulder at the top and like where some muscles are. It hurts to lift my arm up, to the side, or throw things. I would also ice it after laser treatment for 20 minutes. Should I say to her that it is staying the same now because I feel like it is now after I can reach to my back but the pain is still their and hurts to lift and throw things..... I trust her and know what she is doing!.
Hi!
If there was a popping sound then probably you suffered a rotator cuff injury. Usually specific exercise therapies are tried as your trainer is probably doing. Along with it you can take oral anti-inflammatory drugs. However, this may take a few weeks to even months before complete healing occurs. Steroid injections are also given into the shoulder. This helps ease the pain. However, pain is a useful guide to the amount and type of exercise you can do. So, discuss with your trainer. Also, discuss the need for MRI at this stage. You appear to be improving, so in all probability, you are on the right course. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thanks i hope so i mean i feel like i am slowly getting better but I am suppose to be in track and the track coach was like um how is ur shoulder hurt if it does not go away is their anything else to do... i mean i waited months and months before i went to see the trainer great their was a pop so its my rotator cup.......
I think its still the same but i can run should I not run still because I suppose to be in track but I am with the trainer but do the treadmill and stationary bike would that work I found out sat yesterday that it hurts to shoot a basketball and can not lay my arm shoulder down in a L shape so thats only way i know i have the pain before i could not reach back to my shoulder blade and other shoulder but I can now......
Also doc when I get my laser treatment is it suppose to hurt when on high and how do i know from the laser treatment that my shoulder is getting better