Teen Health Community
losing weight on depo shot
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to teen health, including abuse, acne and skin, alcohol and drugs, ADD/ADHD, exercise, growth disorders, infectious diseases, learning disorders, nutrition, piercings and tattoos, teen pregnancy, relationships, safe sex, sports injuries, STDs, vaccines, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

losing weight on depo shot

hi i been on the depo shot since may  i will be getting my 5th shot on april 23rd  i was wondering if u can lose weight  when your on the shot  i lost some weight and i even lost weight at the chest part  and i was wondering if its normal to lose weight or should i be concerned i do eat alot but i dont gain much weight  hopefully i can gain the weight back if anybody can help me please do thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Unintentional and unexplained weight loss is definitely not good. One possibility is that you have an eating disorder. In which case taking help from a doctor specialized in treating eating disorders will help. There are many other causes like worms in stool, depression, anorexia nervosa, AIDS, cancers especially colon cancers, drug abuse, infections and loss of appetite. Loss of appetite can again be due to certain medications, drug abuse, depression, AIDS, acute and chronic infections, cancers and hypothyroidism. Either you do not eat well or there is increased metabolism as in hyperthyroid states, HIV, cancer etc. Poor absorption as in irritable bowel syndromes and malabsorption syndromes too is possible. Malabsorption syndromes are seen in intestinal tuberculosis, HIV, tropical sprue, parasites in stool and Whipple’s Disease. Diabetes too can be the cause.
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Well, on the contrary, depot shots make you gain weight. If you have been on five cycles of shots and are losing weight, then you need to find the cause.
Blank
5108300_tn?1371830920
sounds like me too!! I usually get my appetite at night for some reason
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Teen Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity